- Recycle used cooking oil at your nearest oil recycling station.
- Clean up cookware with a paper towel before rinsing to eliminate FOG.
- Prewash dishes and pans with cold water before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Place oil and grease in covered (sealable) collection containers.
- Once collection containers are full, dispose of properly in the trash.
- Avoid using the garbage disposal by scraping food scraps into trash cans.
- Cover the kitchen sink drain with a catch basket and empty into the garbage as needed.
- Pour FOG down the drain, even in small quantities.
- Use hot water to push FOG through plumbing pipes.
- Toss food scraps down the drain.